Thursday, February 5, 2009

Jack and Buckethead Discuss Diversity

*Let it be known that "Jack" is an original character created in collaboration with Justin circa 2006. I was working at a daycare center that summer and Justin was interning at The Public Trust art gallery in Dallas. So, I spent my days bringing kids down from sugar highs and making up silly nicknames while Justin packed boxes and drew on scrap pieces of chip board. Out of these fun-filled days was born Jack--based on a rambunctious 6 year old at my daycare (who I thought very much resembled a dinosaur). Justin began drawing scenarios in which Jack stalked his prey (as dinosaurs are apt to do) and had philosophical conversations with his toilet. Jack loves to strike up conversation with waiters and provide comic relief in awkward situations. Jack will be your friend, as long as you don't taste like food.

3 comments:

e said...

that is great!

Justin said...

Um, I might demand royalties for showcasing Jack in such a public forum.

melissa said...

haha. this reminds me of the book "should you be laughing at this"